Installing the Extension¶
Install the Mobile Development Kit extension for Visual Studio Code to load Visual Studio Code with the Mobile Development Kit metadata, and to start developing or modifying your apps quickly and efficiently.
To develop, modify or debug an app, you must have the following:
- Mac or Windows environment
- Visual Studio Code version higher than 1.24.0
To debug an app, you must have the following:
- Xcode, which finds the corresponding iOS simulator. Debugging iOS requires running Visual Studio Code in Mac environment.
- Android Studio, which finds the corresponding Android emulator. Debugging Android can be done both in Windows and Mac environment.
- A Mobile Development Kit client created using create-client command that can be run in an appropriate environment.
- Launch Visual Studio Code.
- Install the Mobile Development Kit extension directly from the Microsoft Visual Studio Code marketplace.
- You can also download and install the latest version of
vsixpackage folder (vsc-extension-mdk) from the SAP Marketplace. This folder contains various releases of Mobile Development Kit extension. To install the extension from a local file, select
Install from VSIX.
- Reload Visual Studio Code to enable the extension if prompted. A new language mode called Mobile Development Kit is attached to any open Mobile Development Kit metadata file.