Configuring Mobile Client Log Upload¶
Configure mobile client log upload for the application, and for individual users.
Requires the Mobile Client Log Upload service.
You can specify how long to retain logs before they are deleted, and view current and archived logs. You can view important URLs, and export mobile service data in
In SAP mobile service cockpit, select Mobile Applications > Native/Hybrid or SAP Mobile Cards.
Select an application, then select Mobile Client Log Upload under Assigned Features (or add it first).
Select Logs to view client logs for the application.
Enter search criteria to narrow the focus and then select Go. You can search based on logging Level, Correlation ID and Time Frame (either a predefined time frame, or a custom time frame using the calendar date-picker to define a range). You can sort the search results, view details for a client log, and download the log in
Select Configuration and configure default and user-specific client log upload properties.
Under Default Logging, configure server and client-side logging properties. The default values are used, unless user-specific values are provided.
Default Logging Properties
Properties Descriptions Log Upload Whether the server is enabled to upload client logs. Log Level The default client-side log level setting for all users.
- None ‒ no log level is set.
- Debug ‒ for debugging purposes, includes extensive and low-level information.
- Information ‒ informational text, used mostly for echoing what has been performed. This is the default and recommended setting, unless you are actively troubleshooting or seeking specific information.
- Warning ‒ the application can recover from the anomaly, and fulfill the task, but requires attention from the developer or operator.
- Error ‒ the application can recover from the error, but cannot fulfill the task due to the error.
- Fatal ‒ the application cannot recover from the error, and the severe situation causes fatal termination.
- Path ‒ for tracing execution flow. Used, for example, in the context of entering and leaving a method, looping, and branching operations. (Not applicable to the offline logging component.)
Delete Uploaded Log After Select the time period after which client logs are deleted from the database. By default, log files exist in the database for seven days. Maximum Number of Logs Enter the maximum number of log files that can be stored on the user's system at the same time. Choose a value from 1-99999. Maximum Log Size Enter the maximum size of each log file. Choose a value from 0-99999 MB. '0 MB' indicates that the file size is unlimited. If the maximum number of log files or file size exceeds the defined value, the oldest log file will be deleted and the logs will be written to a new log file. This can happen irrespective of whether the logs are uploaded to the server or not. To ensure the logs are retained, you can set the maximum number of log files to "1" and file size to 0 MB.
Under User Specific Logging, view existing user-specific logging values. User-specific values override the default values for that user. You can select plus to add a user, or edit existing values, using the guidelines provided.
Select Archived Logs to view a list of archived log files for the last 30 days. Select a file name to download the file.
Select Info to see feature details, such as useful URLs, and to export mobile service data in