Building Custom Client For Release¶
Build and package your Mobile Development Kit client for publishing to the Apple App Store, iOS Enterprise App Store or Google Play.
You have generated a custom client project. For details please see custom client guide.
Building App For Release in iOS¶
You can publish a Mobile Development Kit app in the App Store the same way you would release a purely native iOS app.
- Verify that the iOS native project inside your app contains your latest changes and resources by running the following command.
tns prepare ios --release
- Open the iOS native project in Xcode. Your native project is located at:
- Configure the project for distribution.
- Upload the app to App Store.
- Submit it to the App Store.
For enterprise distribution you can refer to: Develop and distribute an enterprise app.
Building App For Release in Android¶
You can publish a Mobile Development Kit custom client in Google Play the same way you would release a purely native Android app.
- Make sure that you have a
.keystorefile to sign your app with. For more information, see How to create a
- Go to your create-client generated project folder in Terminal or Command Prompt
Build your project in release mode by running the following command:
tns build android --release --key-store-path <path-to-your-keystore> --key-store-password <your-key-store-password> --key-store-alias <your-alias-name> --key-store-alias-password <your-alias-password>
At the end of
<path-to-your-keystore>you should also add the exact name of your
tns build android --release --key-store-path C:\keystore\myapp.keystore --key-store-password sample_password --key-store-alias MyApp --key-store-alias-password sample_password
tns build android --release --key-store-path ~/Desktop/keystore/myapp.keystore --key-store-password sample_password --key-store-alias MyApp --key-store-alias-password sample_password
Obtain the release
- Publish your Android app by uploading the
.apkfile to the Google Developer Console. For more information, see How to publish an Android app?