Feature Restrictions Overview¶
Software development is a complex process, and the fast-paced Mobile development ecosystem is no exception to that rule: In order to stay agile and to be able to quickly react to changes, it can be convenient to be able to control app features outside the typical develop-test-deploy cycle. Use Feature Restriction policies to ship early features without having to immediately enable them, to enable specific sets of features per landscape or customer, or simply to turn off certain features in apps using SAP SDKs.
Procedure for Kapsel-Based Apps¶
- Enable the Settings Exchange feature for your Fiori Client or other Kapsel-based app in the Mobile Services cockpit.
- Configure the application to connect to Mobile Services.
- Toggle any of the following standard Kapsel features for your app:
- Cordova Camera
- Bar Code Scanner
- Cordova Contacts
- Cordova File
- Cordova Geo Location
- Cordova Calendar
- SAP Push Plugin
Procedure for Other Apps¶
- Enable the Feature Restrictions feature for your app in the Mobile Services cockpit.
- Configure custom feature flags in the Mobile Services admin cockpit.
- Use SAP SDKs to read feature flags from Mobile Services and have your app react to those flags.
|Restrict features in Kapsel-based apps||Disable camera, bar code scanner, contacts, file, location, calendar, printer or push in Fiori Client and other Cordova apps|
|Manage feature flags||Create custom feature flags and use them to control arbitrary features in your apps|