What's New in Release 6.0¶
- Introduced the
SAPCommonfor securing the storage and transmission of secret keys (API keys) in the application code.
SAPFoundationto enable secure and reliable communications between the app and the app extension processes.
- Introduced support for anonymous access for mobile applications on Cloud Foundry using the new API Key Only method.
- Added support for the API Key Only authentication method to the SAP BTP SDK Assistant for iOS.
See API Key Only (Anonymous Access) for details.
- Introduced crash reporting capabilities for mobile applications on Cloud Foundry.
- Added support for generating an app with crash reporting capabilities in the SAP BTP SDK Assistant for iOS.
See Crash Reporting Overview for details.
Support for App Extensions¶
SAPFoundationto enable secure and reliable communication between the app and the app extension processes.
- Added support for creating widget extensions in the SAP BTP SDK Assistant for iOS.
See Widget Extensions for details.
Offline OData Library¶
- Support to remove a non-stream defining query (a stream-defining query pertains to a downloaded media entity, and is only used to download a media stream) from the opened offline store when
allow_defining_query_removalis enabled on the server.
- Introduced new API
OfflineODataProvider, which returns all existing defining queries.
See Removing Defining Queries for details.
Support OData version 4 with two new features：
- Enum type
- Stream property
Support OData version 4 with the following limitations：
- OData Atom (
xml) is not supported
- Content-ID referencing in body and Content-ID referencing across change sets are not supported
- Binds for a collection of value navigation properties in a PATCH request are not supported
- Modification operations in batches outside of change sets are not supported
- Bound actions and functions are not supported
- Unbound actions and functions are not supported
- Collection properties are not supported
- Spatial types are not supported
- Singleton is not supported
- Derived entities are not supported
- Containment navigation properties are not supported
$filteroperations on date (such as add and sub) are not supported
- System query options $search and $index are not supported
- Built-in functions or literals:
$rootare not supported
Upsertingan entity is not supported
- OData Atom (
See OData Version 4.0 Support and Limitations for details.
- Support localized progress default messages.
See Progress API for details.
Fiori for iOS¶
Floor plan provides a quick and easy way to build a full-screen list (
FUIListFloorplan) or sectioned page (
FUIObjectFloorplan) that complies with the
List Report and
Object patterns, respectively, in the SAP Fiori Design Guidelines.
- All chart types now support pinch and zoom.
- Minor UI updates.
- Performance improvement.
Introduced a new palette (version 5) in which some existing color styles have been updated and new color styles for elevated colors have been added.
Chart in Object Header¶
FUIObjectHeaderChartView layout to better support long KPI text.
FUIObjectHeaderChartView API for details.
Added new APIs in
FUIPasscodeController for more customization options.
FUIPasscodeController API for details.
Enforce column layout in compact mode by setting
FUIGridTableViewCell API for details
isContentCopyable API to enable/disable the ability to copy content in components conforming to the
Multi-User Onboarding Screen¶
FUIMultiUserPasscodeController to support the multi-user onboarding use case.
FUIMultiUserPasscodeController API for details.
SAP BTP SDK Assistant for iOS¶
Added an end-user license agreement (EULA) consent screen to the Assistant. For fresh installations of the Assistant, it is mandatory to consent to the end-user license agreement to be able to use the Assistant.
Added support for predefined sample destinations during app creation on Cloud Foundry. For building sample apps easily, sample OData destinations configured with a sample OData Enterprise Sales and Procurement Model (ESPM) service are available, for both OData
Added improvements to the structure of the app generated by the Assistant. The app code has been separated into individual components/frameworks to make it easy to plug-in/plug-out individual components (such as generated proxy classes). Such modularization is also helpful in reusing code between the app and app extensions (such as app widgets).