Cloud Build Overview¶
While many of SAP's standard apps, such as the SAP Asset Manager, mobile services Client (Mobile Development Kit Client), and SAP Mobile Cards are publicly available on public app stores, all are being kept up-to-date with the latest SAP SDK releases. However many customers prefer to customize apps for a stronger brand experience.
Typically, this involves downloading SAP SDKs to build custom clients, which in turn need to be manually updated by developers to make sure important updates are rolled out to users. In order to streamline this process, with the Cloud Build, we provide a means to easily build clients using the latest SAP SDKs in the cloud, without having to install any developer tooling whatsoever. This way, everyone can easily tweak app names and assets without the associated cost of maintaining code bases.
- Create an app configuration for your custom Asset Manager or Mobile Development Kit Client app, or open the SAP Mobile Cards settings.
- Add the Cloud Build feature to the app.
- Upload or generate signing profiles for the target platforms.
- Create a build configuration for the target platforms.
- Run the build job.
- Download the built application to distribute it, or use the generated links or QR codes to install it over the air.
|Build custom clients||Generate and build up-to-date Asset Manager, SAP Mobile Cards, and Mobile Development Kit Clients with custom branding and settings|
|Over-the-air app distribution||Use and share generated links and QR codes to install built apps on test devices|
|Manage signing profiles||Generate or upload Android and iOS signing profiles for distribution signing|
|Purge old artifacts||Automatically remove old build logs and binaries that are no longer required|
|Package hybrid apps||Package UI5 app assets from SAP Web IDE into Cordova containers for offline enablement|