The Data Transform operator in the SAP Data Hub Modeler provides wide variety of options to meet your data transformation needs.
- data sets
- relational operators such as filter (projection), join, and union
- Start the SAP Data Hub Modeler.
- In the navigation pane, select the Graphs tab.
In the navigation pane toolbar, choose + (Create
The tool opens an empty graph editor in the same window, where you can define your graph.
Select the operator.
A graph can contain a single operator or a network of operators based on the business requirement.
- In the navigation pane, choose the Operators tab.
- In the search bar, search for the Data Transform operator.
- In the search results, double-click the Data Transform operator (or drag and drop it to the graph editor) to add it as a process in the graph execution.
Configure the operator.
Operators are defined with default configuration parameters values. For example, security context or subengine. You can provide new values.
- Select the operator and choose (Open Configuration).
- Define the required configurations.
Configure the nodes.
The Data Transform operator provides different nodes that you can use to define your data transformation requirements. To add and configure the node,
- In the graph editor, double-click the Data Transform operator.
In the Nodes tab, drag and drop the required
node to the operator editor.
Data Source nodes provide connections to the input data.
Data Target nodes provide connections to the output data.
The Projection node represents a relational selection (filter) combined with a projection operation. It also allows calculated columns to be added to the output.
The Aggregation node represents a relational group-by and aggregation operation.
The Join node represents a relational multiway join operation. It supports multiple input ports.
The Union node represents a relational union operation. It supports multiple input ports.
The Case node specifies multiple paths so that the rows are separated and processed in different ways. It supports multiple output ports.
Double-click the node and define the required node configurations.
For more information on configuring the various Data Transform nodes, see the Related Information section.
If you have configured the Data Transform operator with more than one node, you can connect the nodes just like how you connect the operators.
- In the menu bar, use the breadcrumb navigation to navigate back to the operator configuration editor.
- Add new nodes.
If you want to connect the nodes, select the output port of a node and
drag the cursor to an input port of another node.
- If you want to create a new input or new output ports (for join, union, or case), right-click the node and choose Add Input or Add Output.
Save and execute the graph.
Use the Workflow Trigger and Workflow Terminator operators in the graph to control the start and stop of the graph execution respectively.