The Data Generator produces arbitrary data.
The data is written to files on HDFS by Write File. The files are stored in the directory /tmp/demo/ (of the specified bucket). The file names follow the scheme file_<counter>.txt.
The Read File reads this file and the content is written to a terminal.
Configure and Run the Graph
- In the left panel, select the Graphs tab and navigate to com/sap/demo/hdfs.
- Check the configuration of the Write File node: hadoopNamenode, hadoopUser
- Check the configuration of the Read File node: hadoopNamenode, hadoopUser
- In the tool bar, select Run (play button).
- The Status panel indicates if the graph is running.
- Use the context menu Open UI of the Terminal node to open the terminal.
- The terminal opens and you see the produced files and their content.
Optional Step: Check the files on HDFS
- Connect to HDFS and browse the directory /tmp/demo/ to see the produced files.