Create Dockerfiles that contains all commands, which you may call on the command line to assemble a docker image.
- Start the SAP Data Hub Modeler.
In the navigation pane, choose the Repository tab.
The tool displays all graphs, operators, and Dockerfiles available in your repository. These are grouped under the tabs, Graphs, Operators, Docker Files respectively.
Create a folder.
- Right-click the Docker Files section, and choose Create Folder to create a new folder in which you want to define the operator.
Provide a name for the root folder and choose
Create a Dockerfile.
- Right-click the folder in which you want to create the operator and choose the Create Docker File menu option.
- In the Name text field, provide a name for the new Dockerfile.
- Choose OK.
- In the editor, write the script that defines your Dockerfile.
Tags describe the runtime requirements of operators and are the annotations of Dockerfiles that you create.
- In the editor toolbar, choose to open the configuration pane.
- In the right-pane, choose + (Add Tag) to add one or more tags.
- In the dropdown list, select a tag.
- Provide a version.
- In the editor toolbar, choose (Save) to save your changes.
Build a docker image.
A docker image is a stand-alone, executable package that includes all the code, a runtime, libraries, environment variables, and config files necessary to execute the operators in a graph.
- In the editor toolbar, choose (Build) to build a docker image for the Dockerfile.