The data generator generates arbitrary data and passes it to the Kafka producer. The Kafka consumer reads the data and writes it to a terminal. You can see the generated data by opening the UI of the terminal operator.
- A running Kafka broker and Zookeeper.
Configure and Run the Graph
- In the left panel, select the Graphs tab and navigate to com/sap/demo/kafka.
- Check the configuration of the producer (20fb) node: brokers
- Check the configuration of the consumer (1h7j) node: zookeepers
- In the tool bar, select Run (play button).
- The Status panel indicates if the graph is running.
- Use the context menu Open UI of the terminal (z8d) node to open the terminal.
- The terminal opens and you see the generated data.