The Settings screen allows you to change and reset application settings. You access the Settings screen from the SAP Fiori Client toolbar.
- Change the password the SAP Fiori Client uses to authenticate with the server. Only the
password stored on-device is changed. The authentication password stored on the
server is not updated. When the client attempts to authenticate with the server,
if the password stored on the server and the password stored in the client do
not match, you get an error. This feature is only supported when connecting via
SAP Mobile Platform Server or SAP HANA Cloud Platform, mobile service for
development and operations.Note For Windows and Windows Phone, when connecting via SAP Mobile Platform Server or SAP HANA Cloud Platform, mobile service for development and operations, the type of authentication used to validate the user name and password depends on the way SAP Mobile Platform Server or SAP HANA Cloud Platform, mobile service for development and operations has been configured. For more information, please contact your mobile platform administrator.
- Allow data collection. When the administrator enables this feature, you can choose to allow or deny the collection of usage information about SAP Fiori Client on your device. Collected data is used to help improve SAP Fiori Client.
- Set the application log level. The administrator or a customer support professional may instruct you to adjust the log level.
- Clear the application log file. This makes it easy for examining the new behavior.
- Clear the application cache. Use this option to resolve content rendering issues within the application.
- Reset the application configuration. Use this option to reset application settings. It is the only way to edit the Fiori URL.
Managing SAP Fiori Client Settings
You can manage SAP Fiori Client settings from the settings screen for Android, iOS, and Windows devices.
– tap the three dots aligned in a vertical bar on the right side of the
toolbar, which opens a pop-up menu, then tap the
Settings menu.Note Newer Android devices do not expose a menu button, but you can double-tap a blank area of the application to open the toolbar. Older Android devices expose a menu button that a user can tap to display application options. On these devices, when you tap the menu button, the device opens a pop-up menu above the button. To open the settings screen, tap the Settings menu item that appears.
- iOS – double-tap on the application view, then tap the Settings button on the toolbar.
- Windows – right-click on the screen or swipe up from the bottom on touch enabled devices, then click or tap the Settings button on the toolbar.
- Windows Phone – tap the ellipsis (...) symbol on the bottom of the screen and select Settings.
- Change Password – changes the password SAP Fiori Client uses to authenticate with the server. This feature is visible only when connecting via SAP Mobile Platform Server or SAP HANA Cloud Platform, mobile service for development and operations.
- Allow Data Collection – collects usage information about SAP Fiori Client. This feature is visible only if your system administrator has enabled it. If enabled, you can allow or deny data collection from this setting.
- Clear Log – clears the application log.
- Clear Cache – resolves content rendering issues within the application by clearing the application cache.
- (iOS, Windows: For multi-user devices) Log Out – logs out the current user.
- (iOS, Windows: For multi-user devices) Delete User –
deletes the current user.Note This feature unregisters the user and removes all of the user's data stored on the device. Deleting an individual user does not affect the Fiori URL that is shared between registered users.
- Clear All Application Settings — clears all application
settings. The value in the Fiori URL field tells the application how to access
the Fiori server. When the Fiori URL changes, or to reset the application state
if it is corrupted and cannot be restored, you need to reset the application by
tapping Clear All Application Settings. Changing the SAP
Fiori URL invalidates all of the application's stored content including the
cache of web application assets and all user credentials.Note For multi-user devices, the Fiori URL is shared between users registered to the same device. Therefore, when resetting the Fiori URL, you are resetting it for all registered users.
- (Android) Clear Certification Selections – clears all saved certificate selections.
The remaining fields on the settings screen are for testing and debugging purposes.
While you are in demo mode, if you want to switch to production mode, open the settings and tap Switch to Production Mode.
The SAP Fiori Client application can log and display detailed information about its operation.
You can set the application's log level by tapping the current log level then selecting from one of the following options:
- Error – instructs the application to write only error messages to the log.
- Warn – instructs the application to write only error and warning condition messages to the log.
- Info – instructs the application to write errors, warnings, and some additional information to the log.
- Debug – instructs the application to write detailed information (including errors) to the log. This option generates the most information about the application's operation and may slow application performance more than the other options.
Once the application is operating at a certain log level, the log shows all relevant log entries.
SAP Fiori Client provides a log viewer to display the log file, or to email it to the administrator or custom support to help with troubleshooting.
To access the log viewer on the device, select the View Log menu item from the toolbar.
You can select Email Log to email the log. Enter the email address of your administrator, and send the email.