Importing Preconverted Actuals into a New Model
Import preconverted actuals into a new model, and use them in a story.
- Create a new blank model.
- Open the model preferences, and on the Planning & Time Range tab, switch Planning Capabilities on if you want the option to add currency conversion later, in stories.
On the Currency tab, switch Currency
NoteYou can change this setting only when no data is loaded into the model.
Set the model's Default Currency.
NoteChoose the currency that your preconverted actuals have been converted to.
- Choose a currency rates table.
- Switch Preconverted Actuals ON, and select OK.
Because you started with a blank model, you'll need to enter data into the
model, for example by copying and pasting from an Excel file:
- Create a new Account dimension.
- Enter account information.
Add a dimension of type Organization and enter
organizational and Currency information.
Once Currency Conversion is switched on, the model needs a currency dimension, which defines the organization of the data in the model. For example, the Organization dimension might include a list of regions, each of which corresponds to a particular currency. These currencies are the Local Currency (see step 11). For more information, see Currency.
- Save the model.
- Switch to the Data Management view.
- Select Import. , choose the data file that contains the preconverted currency data, and select
Select the imported data from the Draft
Sources list, and map the data to the model's dimensions.
First, map the account dimension (must be actuals). After you've mapped the account dimension, the Measures card can be expanded to two cards: Local Currency (also known as source currency) and Default Currency. Drag the preconverted actuals data to the Default Currency card, and the standard measure data to the Local Currency card.
See Preparing Data for details on mapping data.
Select Finish Mapping, and then save your model.
After creating the model, you'll typically create a story with a table to include the preconverted actuals.
- From the () Main Menu, select .
- Add a canvas to the story, and add a table to the canvas.
- Choose your new model as the data source for the table, and select OK.
- Select the table, and then open the (Builder) panel.
- Under Add Measures/Dimensions. , select
- Select Cross Calculations.
- Point to the calculation you just added, and select (Manage Filters).
- In the Available Members list, you can select both the source currency and preconverted data members to include both in your table.