Live Data Connection to SAP HANA Using a Tunnel Connection with Password Authentication
You must configure your on-premise SAP HANA system in order to support user name and password authentication for live data connections that use the tunnel connection type.
- Ensure that the SAP Information Access (InA) service (/sap/bc/ina/service/v2) on your SAP HANA server is exposed to browser users directly.
- Ensure that the InA package (/sap/bc/ina/service/v2) or a higher-level package is configured for basic authentication.
- Ensure the sap.bc.ina.service.v2.userRole::INA_USER role is assigned to all users who will use the live connection. This role is required in addition to the usual roles and authorizations that are granted to users for data access purposes.
- Ensure that your SAP HANA XS server is configured for HTTPS (SSL) with a signed certificate, and that you know which port it is using for HTTPS requests. For details, see Maintaining HTTP Access to SAP HANA and SAP Knowledge Base Article 2502174.
For SAP HANA version 1.00.112.04 and above, users require both the INA_USER role, and additional object rights. The SAP HANA administrator must grant users SELECT privileges on all view items in the _SYS_BIC schema that users should have access to. For more information, see SAP Knowledge Base Article 2353833.
For information on supported versions of SAP HANA, see System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites.
- Follow these configuration and setup instructions:
Increase the session timeout configuration parameters in SAP HANA
To do this, you will need to increase the sessiontimeout parameter in the httpserver section of the xsengine.ini file. For example, if you change the parameter to 43200, the session will be active for 12 hours.
For more information, see the SAP HANA XS Classic Configuration Parameters.
Add a remote system to SAP Analytics Cloud:
The Select a data source dialog will appear.
- Expand Connect to Live Data and select SAP HANA.
In the dialog, enter a name and description for your connection.
The connection name cannot be changed later.
- Set the connection type to Tunnel.
Add your SAP HANA host name, and HTTPS port.
Use the virtual host name and virtual port that were configured in the cloud connector.
(Optional) Choose a Default Language from the
This language will always be used for this connection and cannot be changed by users without administrator privileges.NoteYou must know which languages are installed on your SAP HANA system before adding a language code. If the language code you enter is invalid, SAP Analytics Cloud will default to the language specified by your system metadata.
- Under Authentication Method select User Name and Password.
Enter an SAP HANA user name and password.
NoteThe user must be assigned to the sap.bc.ina.service.v2.userRole::INA_USER role in SAP HANA.
NoteAfter creating a connection to a remote system and before creating a model from a remote system, you must log off and log on to SAP Analytics Cloud again.
(Beta) Select the Enable users to schedule for story publishing option if you want to let your users schedule the publishing of stories. For details on scheduling, see Schedule a Publication.
- Go to