Some special things have to be observed when migrating long texts. This section only describes the differences to "normal" data migration with the LSMW.
There are two ways of specifying long texts:
· The direct input program /SAPDMC/SAP_LSMW_IMPORT_TEXTS (object 0001, method 0001) of this object is not immediately available in the standard system. Run the following program to make it available:/SAPDMC/SAP_LSMW_SXDA_TEXTS
· The direct input program RSTXLITF (object 2000, method 0000) that you need to use this object, must be downloaded in a transport from SAPNet (http://service.sap.com/LSMW) and then imported into your system.
1. You have to determine the structure of text key TEXTNAME as well as the values for TEXTOBJEKT and TEXT-ID before you can maintain the structure and field relationships between the project and the SAP system.
2. When assigning the conversion rules, you may have to take into account exceptions in the structure of the text key. You should also enter a processing rule for the TEXTFORMAT field as otherwise you will get continuous text without line wrappings in the SAP system. Basically, migration of long texts must be adapted to the migration of the application object.
3. The structure of the input file for the conversion program must have a two-level hierarchy.
4. Direct input methods are used to import the texts into the SAP system. The associated program can be called from within step Start direct input session. The required parameters are defaulted.