You can optionally use the Hybrid SDK (Kapsel) CLI to create an application on the SAP
Mobile Platform Server. Compared to using the Admin UI to create the application, this
method allows automating the application creation process through the use of scripts with
the Hybrid SDK (Kapsel) CLI.
You specify details on application configuration in a configuration file. An example of a
configuration file is provided in lib/config.json.example
configuration file includes:
- appID: the application ID for the application
- serverHost: the hostname for the SAP Mobile Platform Server
- postData (data that specifies the application configuration)
Note You cannot configure endpoints during the initial application configuration.
After you have successfully created the application, you must make a separate
request to configure endpoints in the postData section.
create an application, run the
smp create <username> <password> <configuration_file>
- <username>: the username for accessing the SAP Mobile Platform
- <password>: the password for accessing the SAP Mobile Platform
- <configuration_file>: optionally specify a different file name
for configuration. If you do not specify a file, the command looks for
config.json in the current directory.
smp create smpAdmin s3pAdmin myconfig.json
application has been successfully created, you see a message similar
Created app SampleKapsel1 to server localhost.
Admin UI, you can view and verify the application.