SAP® Mobile Platform Server is an OSGi based application server that
provides both application services and core services. Application services are specialized
for a specific application type. Core services can be accessed and used by any application
Application services consist of services for Mobiliser and Agentry applications.
Core services consist of the following:
- Application Analytics – usage statistics that can be displayed graphically in
- App Resources – containers of dynamic configurations, styles, or content that
can be downloaded by Native applications.
- Data Integration – standards-based integration to both SAP and non-SAP back-end
- HTTP(s) Configuration – open standards for client communications.
- Lifecycle Management – managing and deploying multiple versions of a hybrid
- Management Cockpit – deploying, managing and monitoring
native, hybrid, Agentry, and Mobile BI applications.
- Offline OData Service – optimizes the transport of data
between the backend and the client offline
- Push Notifications – native notifications sent from back-end systems to the
server, which forwards them on to the clients.
- Security Profile – authentication services based on third party identity
- Supportability – logs for monitoring system health and troubleshooting.