Use the Correct Security Profile
The security profile that an application must use depends on the way the application
accesses Integration Gateway.
Without onboarding the
application to SAP Mobile Platform:
(SAP Mobile Platform
an endpoint using the Integration Gateway service as back-end URL, with the
security profile assigned to it in
Define Back-End Connections for Integration Gateway
When you use Management Cockpit to define a back-end connection
for the application that will use Integration Gateway, these two settings are
- Endpoint – must be set to the document destination you assigned to the
Integration Gateway service in Gateway Management Cockpit.
- Internal – must be checked.
See Defining a Back-End Connection in Administrator.
Meet Additional Back-end Requirements for CSI Authentication
When using Common Security Infrastructure (CSI) authentication, the back-end server
may have additional requirements, based on the type of CSI authentication used:
- When using certificate-based authentication (requiring a client
certificate), define the destination using CSI authentication, and specify a
certificate alias that exists in the smp_keystore.jks
file as the technical user. This certificate is used to connect to the back
end when searching for or registering services.
- When using basic authentication, or CSI authentication based on MYSAPSSO2
- First define the destination using basic authentication, which
allows the technical user provided to connect to the back-end server
when searching for or registering services.
- After registering services, change the destination to use CSI