You can install SAP Mobile Platform in a cluster configuration, with an
external database that coordinates settings for the server nodes. You can add proxy servers
and a load balancer in the DMZ to distribute the workload. And you can set up high
availability in your external database, so that there is no single point of failure in the
High-Availability Production Cluster
Summary of high-availability production cluster architecture:
- The cluster consists of two or more
SAP Mobile Platform Server nodes. If any one server node fails, the
remaining server nodes take over and server support continues
- An external database supports the SAP Mobile Platform Server nodes.
- Each SAP Mobile Platform Server node and
the external database are installed on separate servers.
- With high availability set up in your external database, there is no single
point of failure in the system.
- A high-availability load balancer and/or reverse proxy routes new incoming
requests to the SAP Mobile Platform Server node with the least load;
follow-up requests are routed to the same server for the rest of the user
For installation details, see Adding Cluster Nodes in Installation:
SAP Mobile Platform Server for Windows or Installation:
SAP Mobile Platform Server for Linux.