Ensure that the host on which you are installing
SAP Mobile Platform SDK meets the system requirements and is ready for you to
begin the installation.
- Verify that the target system meets the system requirements for
SAP Mobile Platform SDK.
See the SAP Product Availability
Matrix (PAM) http://service.sap.com/pam. Click the
Mobile link at the top of the page. Scroll to
find the appropriate product and version in the product list.
- If User Account Control (UAC) is present in
the version of Windows where you are installing, disable it. Restart the system
for this change to take effect.
- Access the Control Panel option that manages User Account Control on
your version of Windows.
- Set the user account to never be notified about changes to your
Reenable UAC after completing this installation.
- Verify that you have Administrator privileges on the installation target
- Remove the JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS environment variable.
Check for JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS in both User Variables and System Variables panes
of the Environment Variables dialog.
- Right-click My Computer and select
- Select Advanced System Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Environment Variables.
- Select JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS and click Delete.
- Click OK to exit all dialogs.
- If there is an earlier version of SAP Mobile Platform SDK installed on the same computer where you are installing
this version, back up any workspace
directories that were used by SAP Mobile
- Verify that the target host has Microsoft
Visual Studio C++ Runtime 2005 installed. You can install this from the
\modules\redist\vcruntime2005 folder in the installer