Install Oracle, then modify and run a setup script to configure it to work with
SAP Mobile Platform, and download the Oracle JDBC driver.
- Verify that SAP Mobile Platform supports the version of Oracle
you are planning to use.
- Go to the SAP Product Availability
Matrix (PAM) https://apps.support.sap.com/sap/support/pam. Search for
SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 (search box in the upper-right
corner), and select either SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 or
SAP Mobile Platform SDK 3.0.
- Under the Essentials heading in the upper-right corner, click Open in New
Window to open the Support Matrices
- Click through to the SAP Note for persistence databases supported by
SAP Mobile Platform 3.0.
- Install Oracle anywhere on the same network where you will be installing
SAP Mobile Platform. Consult with your company's database
administrator, or have the database administrator perform the installation for
Record the values for these parameters:
- Host name – the host system on which the
database software is installed.
- Login – the admin login for the database
- Port number – the port number the database
- If you installed Oracle on a server other than the one on which you will
install SAP Mobile Platform Server, copy the db_tools
directory, including all subdirectories, from the
SAP Mobile Platform Server installer image to a temporary location on
the database server.
In the steps below, <installer_root>
refers to the directory into which you copied
- Edit the 001_SMP3_drop_and_create_user.DDL script.
- At a Windows command prompt
, navigate to:
- Use a text editor to open
001_SMP3_drop_and_create_user.DDL, and enter
EXIT; as the last line in the file.
- Change user name and password. Replace:
- GOMOBILE with the new database user name.
- SECRET with the new database user password.
Be sure to:
- Refer to your database documentation for limitations on
length and allowable characters for these parameters.
- Replace all instances of each default text string in the
script with the same value.
- Make note of the changes you make. You will need to enter
the changed values during SAP Mobile Platform Server
This example shows a contiguous block of the
001_SMP3_drop_and_create_user.DDL file for
Oracle. Replace highlighted items as needed to implement your
DROP USER GOMOBILE CASCADE;
CREATE USER GOMOBILE
IDENTIFIED BY SECRET
DEFAULT TABLESPACE USERS
TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP
GRANT SY365_OBJOWNER TO GOMOBILE;
GRANT CREATE SESSION TO GOMOBILE;
GRANT CONNECT TO GOMOBILE;
ALTER USER GOMOBILE DEFAULT ROLE ALL;
ALTER USER GOMOBILE QUOTA UNLIMITED ON USERS;
Note Oracle does not define a database name as such, and by convention
uses the same name for the user and the schema. The
SAP Mobile Platform Server installer needs either the
Oracle service name or SID to connect to your Oracle
- Save and close the
sqlplus <username>/<password>@<servername> @001_SMP3_drop_and_create_user.DDL > smp3.log
- <servername> is the server on which Oracle is
- <username> is an admin user, such as
- <password> is the password for
most cases, the user that the script is dropping does not exist, so the
following error message is normal:
DROP USER GOMOBILE CASCADE * ERROR at line 1:ORA-01918: user 'GOMOBILE' does not exist
- Make sure the database resources—number of connections, available space,
permissions, and threads, plus any other parameters that you would tune to
support a major application—can support SAP Mobile Platform.
For example, make a minimum of 25 database connections available for
SAP Mobile Platform Server.
- Download the JDBC driver from oracle.com for the version of Oracle you are
The installer prompts for the path to this driver.
- (Optional) Configure your Oracle database to support