A workspace is a logical grouping of applications, users, and, other artifacts. In
addition to a unique name, a workspace also has a unique short or long code.
- To create a workspace, on the Web UI navigation bar, select Workspace Administration.
- In the Workspace and User list, select Manage
- On the Workspaces screen, select Add New Workspace.
- On the Manage Workspace screen, enter values for these parameters, and click
- Name – unique name of the workspace.
- Short Name – name and short name can be the same, but they must be unique in
- Select an outbound channel from the list.
- Select the Shortcode tab, and enter a short code.
After you add a short code to a workspace, all incoming messages with a
destination MSISDN equal to the short code are sent to the workspace.
- (Optional) To determine the value of the Origination MSISDN
property in outbound messages, set one of these flags:
- Default – if this flag is set and the Use for Reply
flag of the incoming-message's short code is not set, the value of
Origination MSISDN in outbound messages is set to this
- Use for Reply – if this flag is set for the short code
to which the inbound message is sent, the value of Origination
MSISDN in outbound messages is set to this short code.
- Click Add.
The short code is added to the workspace. To add another short code, repeat
You can edit an existing workspace by selecting it from the Manage Workspace