SAP Mobile Platform SDK provides developer tools that streamline the
development, delivery, security and management of mobile applications.
SAP Mobile Platform provides an open development environment, which
enables you to develop mobile applications using familiar environments and
languages, open-source tools, and third-party toolkits, libraries, and frameworks.
You can leverage SAP Mobile Platform services for authentication,
secure data access and integration to SAP and
non-SAP back-end software, application versioning
and lifecycle management, usage analytics, and end-to-end traceability.
SAP Mobile Platform SDK development tools and SDKs leverage common open source
technologies and standards to increase your productivity and reduce development time.
- SAP Mobile Platform SDK development tools and SDKs leverage common
open source technologies and standards to increase your productivity and
reduce development time.
- Native OData – the OData SDK provides an open and flexible framework for
native OData application development for both online and offline
applications. Mobile Application Framework (MAF) provides reusable
components, including Logon, and an extensibility framework that speeds
development of common features and functions.
- REST API – enables standard HTTP client applications running in any platform
to access SAP Mobile Platform REST services.
- Kapsel – a set of SAP plugins for Apache
Cordova to develop hybrid applications. The Kapsel plugins enable you to
access SAP Mobile Platform features, such as application
lifecycle management, logon and single sign-on functionality, and push
- Mobile Application Workbench – Eclipse-based editor to enable building of
resources that can be used to customize your mobile applications without
recompiling the code.
- Agentry Designer – Eclipse-based editor and SDKs to develop metadata-driven
- SMS Builder – provides tools to visually compose SMS mobile applications and
test them using a built-in simulator. You can modify applications in real
time to meet changing business needs, and redeploy them without disrupting
- Portal Templates – reference Web applications that you can customize to meet
your mobile-banking needs. You can also develop new Web applications to
communicate with SAP Mobile Platform.
- Supported SAP Development Tools – in addition to tools provided
with the SAP Mobile Platform SDK, SAP
provides other tools to further facilitate development. Find more
information about these tools here: https://tools.hana.ondemand.com.
- Toolkit for Integration Gateway – A toolkit that supports data model
development and generation tools for connecting to different
datasources (both SAP and
non-SAP) to create OData services.
It also allows data from two or more datasources to be used in a
single OData service. Application developers can use the OData
services exposed by Integration Gateway to develop mobile
applications, regardless of the datasource.
- AppBuilder (SAP Mobile Platform Server)/Web IDE
(SAP HANA Cloud Platform mobile services) – a browser-based open
standards rapid development environment that leverages HTML5,
leverages SAPUI5 controls, and facilitates quick and simple
deployment of your mobile application.