Expose the service on NetWeaver Gateway and conduct an initial test. The Service
Maintenance function in the Service Builder enables you to register and maintain each service
in an SAP NetWeaver Gateway system.
The SAP NetWeaver Gateway systems in which you want to register the service must be
configured under the following path: .
See Service Maintenance
for more information.
- Register the system:
- In Service Builder, double-click the Service
Maintenance folder within your project to view the configured
See the prerequisites, if no systems are listed.
- Select the system in which you want to register the service in and click
- Select Yes in the warning dialog.
The registration status next to the system to which you registered the
service is green.
- Perform an initial test of the service:
- Click Maintain.
- In the lower-left section, click Gateway Client.
The Gateway Client
opens in a separate window. The Request URI value represents the OData Service
Document URL of this service.
- Click Execute.
If successful, the response section on the right shows an HTTP
response code of 200, and the Service Document contains the collections
(BusinessPartners, SalesOrders, and SalesOrderItems) that are available for
- To view service metadata, replace ?$format=xml at the end
of the URL with $metadata.
The metadata you see corresponds directly to the data model you
- Click back out to exit
the Gateway Client, and then back out again to return to the main Service Builder