Upgrade your Visual Studio project and Windows Azure mobile service to receive push
- Navigate to the Windows Dev Center at http://dev.windows.com and sign in with
your Windows user ID and password.
- Click on the Dev Center, select Windows Store App, and
click the Dashboard tab.
- In the Upgrade Required dialog, select Yes to upgrade
the service to use push notifications.
After the upgrade is complete, Visual Studio makes the following changes
to the project:
- Connects the Cordova application the the push mobile service:
- Adds a reference the the Windows Azure Mobile Services SDK
- Adds necessary code files and initialization logic to the
- Updates the push mobile service:
- Sets the Client Secret and Package SID values on the mobile
- Sample script to send a toast notification.
- Updates the Live Connect Developer Center with the redirect domain URI
value of your Windows Azure mobile service.
- Click on the Edit menu for your application, and select
- Click on Live Service to retrieve the Client Secret and
Package SID values.
These values protect application security by authenticating
communications from the server.
- Enter the Client Secret and Package SID into your application's configuration
in the management cockpit of SAP Mobile Platform Server.