Migrate OData applications (iOS/Android) that use messaging channel (sometimes called
iMO-based) in 2.3 SP03 and earlier versions to OData applications that use REST SDK, to
take advantage of REST services capabilities.
- Import the new REST client libraries from the OData SDK into your Android or iOS
- Arrange access to a test environment for on-premise testing.
- In your development environment, modify the messaging channel application logic to use REST
Some areas you may need to address:
- Settings exchange
- Request response
- End-to-end tracing
- Native push notifications
- Recompile the application.
- Test the application in a device simulator or emulator, and in the test
environment. Make modifications as needed.
- Deploy the application to the production environment.