Audit certain key administrative actions.
An auditing record captures:
- Time the time at which the administrative action took place.
- User the login of the account that requested the action.
- Action the audited action: create, update, delete, login, deploy, disable,
assign, and so on.
- Target type the target object type on which the action is requested by the user,
such as Domain, Package, Connection, Application connection, and so on.
- Target name the target object name on which the action is requested by the user.
Target type plus Target name identifies a unique object.
- Success the outcome of the action: True - the action was performed
successfully; False - the action failed for some reason, such as a
Note Some actions are recorded with additional information that gives more
contextual information about the action/target object details, or explanation of
the requested action, including details such as the MBO package deployment mode,
deployment/import error messages for MBO package failures, and so on.
The administration actions for which audit records are created include:
- Login to SAP Mobile Server
- Create/Delete and Enable/Disable a domain
- Deploy/Delete and Enable/Disable an MBO package
- Create/Update/Delete an EIS connection
- Create/Update/Delete an EIS connection template
- Start/Stop/Restart SAP Mobile Server
- Update of a cluster configuration
- Create/Delete an application. Supported update actions are:
- Add/Delete a customization resource bundle for an application
- Assign/Unassign a customization resource bundle to or from an
application connection or an application connection template
- Create/Delete/Update push configurations for an application
- Change the application connection template priority for an
- Register/Delete/Update/Reregister/Clone/Lock/Unlock an application
- Delete the package user of an application connection
- Assign/Unassign an application to or from a domain
- Assign/Unassign an application to or from an MBO package
- Assign/Unassign/Set default Hybrid App to an application connection or
application connection template
- Create/Update/Delete an application connection template
- Create/Update/Delete a security configuration
- Create/Delete a logical role, and update “Role Mappings” of a logical role
in a security configuration
- Create/Update/Delete a domain administrator
- Assign/Unassign a domain administrator to or from a domain
- Deploy/Delete a Hybrid App
- Import an MBO package/application/Hybrid App
- Assign/Unassign/Set default security configuration for a domain
Be aware of these special cases and restrictions:
- The audit record for the "Server start" and "Server stop" actions from the
Windows service panel, Start menu, or desktop shortcut does not include the user
- The "Start server" and "Stop server" actions from
SAP Control Center or the Management API result in the
creation of two audit records - one with the user name and the second without
the user name.
- The "Restart server" action from the Windows service panel, Start menu, or
desktop shortcut is logged as a stop followed by a start action.
- The "Restart server" action from SAP Control Center or the
Management API results in the creation of three audit records – a restart record
with the user name, a stop record, and a start record without the user
- The "Stop scale out node" action from the Windows service panel, Start menu, or
desktop shortcut is not audited.
- The "MBO package deployment" action results in the creation of multiple audit
- An audit record for the MBO package deployment action.
- Zero, one or more update role mapping audit records (depending on how
many role mappings are performed during package deployment).
- The MBO package deletion action results in multiple audit records:
- Zero, one or more update role mapping audit records (depending on the
logical roles used in the package).
- An audit record for the MBO package deletion action.
- Any failed create/delete action (such as failure to create/delete a Web
container port) against the cluster configuration is audited as an “update”
- Creating/deleting/updating providers (Authentication providers, Authorization
providers, and so on) of the security configuration and changing the order of
providers is logged as an update security configuration action.
- The server stop/start/restart audit records indicate that the action was
received by SAP Mobile Server, and not the actual outcome of the
- EIS Connection creation or EIS connection template creation results in two audit
records: one create and one update.
- Logging into SAP Mobile Server from tools other than
SAP Control Center (such as the public API, command
line utility, or SAP Mobile WorkSpace) are not audited.