Export data to a file for archive, or to analyze and troubleshoot problems.
- Depending on the amount of data being exported, the log export can take a long
time. SAP recommends using log filters and time
ranges to filter out and export specific log entries of interest.
- You can also use the management API if there is a need to export domain log contents if the data set is large, or to refrain from blocking the user interface.
- In the left navigation pane of SAP Control Center, select Domains.
- Under the domain node, select Log.
- In the right administration pane, select the General tab.
- Select the subsystem tab, such as Synchronization.
- To select or set up a special filter, select Show filter.
- To filter based on the date and time, enter a Start date, End date, Start time, End time.
- Click Retrieve to retrieve the logs.
The table is populated with log data.
- Click Export and specify
the following information:
- To compress and reduce the size of the domain log, select Compress the
- To set the number of log entries to retrieve per batch, set the Log entry
retrieve batch size. Setting a large batch size big reduces the export
time, but consumes more memory. The default batch size is 2000.
For example, if the total log entries based on the filter are 100,000,
and the batch size is 10,000, then the export fetches 10 batches of log
- Set the domain log file name and location.