Application settings display
including the Application Identifier, Domain, and Security Configuration
- Automatic Registration Enabled set
automatically register the application using a connection
Be sure you understand the security ramifications of setting this
value to true. See Registering Applications, Devices, and
Users in the Security
- Application Identifier the application identifier
registered on SAP Control Center.
- Application Version the version number of the registered application.
- Client SDK Version the version number of the SDK for the registered application.
- Customization Resource Bundles the
application configuration (customization resource bundles) associated
with the application. Values include:
- A single name, such as Appmc:1.2.1, indicates a single customization
- Blank means no customization resource bundles
Note Customization resource bundles are not
supported for Hybrid App and Agentry SDK clients.
- Domain the domain selected for the
The domain is not
required when automatic registration is enabled.
- Notification Mode the notification mode through which native
notifications and payload push notifications to registered devices are delivered:
- Only native notifications – allows third party
applications or EIS to deliver native notifications directly
through the HTTP notification channel: BlackBerry (BES), Apple
(APNS), or Android (GCM) to the device.
- Only Payload(Online) Push – allows third party
applications or EIS to deliver data payload push notifications
to an online device.
- Payload(Online) Push with Native Notifications
– allows both payload and native notifications to be delivered
to the device.
Apple and Google do not recommend payload
delivery over their systems:
- Data may not be delivered.
- Data is delivered out of sequence.
- If enabled, the actual payloads must be
For example, GCM makes no
guarantees about delivery or order of messages. While
you might use this feature to inform an instant
messaging application that the user has new messages,
you probably would not use it to pass actual
RIM supports guaranteed delivery, including
callbacks to notify SAP Mobile Server that the message was delivered or
when it failed. However, this is a different message format. RIM
messaging has many limitations including packet size, number of
packets for a single user that BES keeps, number of packets BES
keeps for all users, and so on. Therefore, BES should also only
be used to send the notification, but not to send
Refer to the appropriate
platform documentation (APNS, BES, or GCM) for additional
- Security Configuration the security configuration defined
for the connection
The security configuration of the application
connection template is used to authenticate users when automatic
registration is enabled. The user name for authentication can be
included in the security configuration, for example, supAdmin@admin.
If a security configuration is provided, the server looks for the
application connection template according to both the appId and
security configuration. If a security configuration is not provided,
the server looks for the unique application connection template
according to the appId. If there are multiple templates with
different security configurations for the same appId, the server
reports an exception, as it does not know which template should be
used to authenticate the user.
- Logical Role the logical role that users must belong to in order to access the
- Template Priority the priority in which the application connection template will be used
by the application, if the application has more than one application
connection template associated with it.