Create a subscription template to specify synchronization targets and behavior for subscribed users. A template is useful to create a set of predefined values that are used frequently. Otherwise, a subscription is still automatically created for each client upon explicit indication of interest for a device notification.
This is an optional step; it is only required if an administrator wants to establish preset subscription properties. The subscription properties can be modified from device application, but only if the Admin lock property is disabled.
- In the left navigation pane, expand the folder and select the replication based sync package you want to
- In the right administration pane, click the tab.
- From the menu bar, select Templates.
- Click New.
- In the New Template dialog, select settings for these options:
- Synchronization Group – the group of MBOs that a client receives data change notifications for when data changes occur.
- Notification Threshold – the length of time that must pass since a client's last synchronization before another notification is sent.
- Admin Lock – (enable or disable) prevents device users from modifying the push synchronization state or sync interval value configured in the subscription. If the admin lock is disabled, the device client user can change these properties, and these changes take
effect the next time the client user synchronizes the package to which the subscription applies.
- Push – (enable or disable) if enabled, automatic server-initiated notifications are pushed to users when changes occur in the cache. If disabled, device users perform client-initiated synchronizations when they receive an outbound notification.
Note If you intend to use push synchronization with BlackBerry devices, enable push synchronization in the BlackBerry server. See the BlackBerry server documentation for details.
- Click OK.
The new subscription template appears in the list of templates.
Notifications are delivered to BlackBerry device clients using
push-based notification settings and to Windows Mobile device clients using pull-based
notification settings. The "poll every" setting determines the notification delivery
behavior. See in
SAP Control Center online help.