Scheduling a custom cache refresh is the most flexible of all cache refresh schedules. This means that information is fetched from the enterprise information system (EIS) according to the schedule repeat interval you specify.
The Schedule tab in the Cache Property window displays options appropriate for configuring this type of schedule.
- Select Custom as the schedule repeat criteria.
- Specify a repeat Interval, in
minutes or seconds, to determine how often the cache refresh
This interval determines how frequently
SAP Mobile Server updates the cache database with changes to
data is held by the cache for the duration of the specified interval.
- (Optional) To set a range to control which days the schedule refresh runs, configure a start date and time, end date and time, or day of week (if applicable).
- Select Start Date to set a date for which the first execution of the scheduled refresh is performed. To be more specific, you can also select Start Time to specify a start time. In this case, the refresh cannot begin until a given time on a given day has been reached. A start date and time are inclusive.
If you do not set a start date and time, then, by default, the date and time that SAP Mobile Server starts is used.
- Select End Date to set a date that ends the repeating refresh transactions for a package. To be more specific, you can also select End Time to specify an end time. An end date and time are exclusive. This means that a refresh transaction runs up to, but does not include, the end time. For example, if a schedule has a start time of 13:00 and an end time of 16:00 and repeats every hour, it runs at 13:00, 14:00, and 15:00, but not at 16:00.
If you do not set an end date and time, then, by default, the date and time that SAP Mobile Server stops is used.
- Select Specify Week Days to select the days of the week that the refresh transaction runs. This means that for the days you select, the refresh runs every week on the day or days you specify. A weekday is inclusive. This means that any day you choose is included in the frequency. All others are excluded.
When the schedule expires, the automatic refresh you configured terminates, unless the end user initiates a refresh.
- Click OK.