Create an an OData application definition by providing general application
properties such as the application ID, description, security configuration and domain details,
and defining the application and push endpoint.
- In the left navigation pane of SAP Control Center, click the
Applications node and select the
Applications tab in the right administration pane.
- Click New.
- Enter a unique Application ID.
- SAP recommends that application IDs contain a minimum of two dots ("."). For
example, the following ID is
- Application IDs cannot start with a dot ("."). For example, the following ID
is invalid: .com.sap.mobile.app1.
- Application IDs cannot have two consecutive dots ("."). For example, the
following ID is invalid: com..sap.mobile.app1.
- Enter a Display Name and Description for the application.
- Select OData as the Client SDK
- Select the appropriate security configuration from the Security configuration drop-down
For applications that do not require authentication, select the anonymous security
configuration or the Anonymous access checkbox.
- Select the appropriate domain from the Domain drop-down list.
- Select a Base Template to use as the template for the application connection settings.
To review the properties of the template, click View. You
can modify the template properties after you create the application.
- Enter the URL pointing to the EIS as the Application
OData applications require a proxy type connection endpoint. You
can automatically create the proxy connection endpoint by entering an OData URL as
the Application Endpoint. This creates a proxy connection endpoint with the same name
as the Application ID. If the OData application uses an anonymous security
configuration, the newly created connection endpoint will have the Allow Anonymous
Access property set to True and the Address (URL) property set to the Application ID.
If you want to create the proxy connection endpoint manually, create the proxy
connection endpoint through the SAP Control Center Domains node.
- Enter the SAP Mobile Platform URL used by the EIS to forward
notifications as the Push endpoint.
- Click OK to complete the application definition.