(Not applicable to Online Data Proxy) Configure the port to receive synchronization requests from client
A secure synchronization stream uses SSL or TLS encryption.
Both TLS and SSL require production-ready certificates to replace the default ones
installed with SAP Mobile Server. Ensure that you
possess digital certificates verified and signed by third-party trusted authorities. See
Encrypting Synchronization for Replication Payloads
- In the left navigation pane, select Configuration.
- In the right administration pane, click the
- From the menu bar, select Components.
- Select Replication and click
- Select the protocols and ports you require. You can enable any
combination of HTTP, HTTPS and mutual HTTPS, but you must enable at least one
- (No encryption): if you do not require SSL encryption,
choose Port. SAP Mobile Platform recommends this option if you
do not require a secure communication stream for synchronization. By
default, the port for HTTP is 2480.
- (Server authentication): to encrypt the HTTP stream with
SSL for authentication, choose Secure
port. By default, the port for authentication over HTTPS is
2481. The "Secure Sync Port" properties can be used to review and set the
server identity and public certificate for the secure synchronization port.
- (Mutual authentication): to encrypt the HTTP stream with SSL for
transport, choose Mutual secure port. By default, the
port for transport over HTTPS is 2482.
additional properties for E2EE with TLS, HTTPS with SSL, and synchronization
server startup options:
Note Leave E2E Encryption values blank to disable end-to-end
- E2E Encryption Type – specify the asymmetric cipher
used for key exchange for end-to-end encryption. You can only use RSA
- E2E Encryption Certificate Alias – specify E2E encryption key pair files
alias in the key store. This value must be an alias configured to have a
- Secure Sync Port Certificate Alias – specify the HTTPS
identity file alias in the key store. The value must be an alias configured
to have a private key.
- Trusted Relay Server Certificate Alias – specify the
relay server trusted certificate alias in the keystore. The value can be any
alias in the server key store.
- User Options – sets the command line options for
starting the synchronization server. These options are appended the next
time the synchronization server starts. For a complete list of user options,
Do not use the User Options property in SAP Control Center to pass in these
options: -c, -lsc, -q, -w, -x,
When you set the E2E Encryption Certificate Alias
or the Secure Sync Port Certificate Alias , a public key
and private key are automatically generated from the selected key store