Import a certificate for SSL encryption from a local file system.
You can import two types of certificates into the server key store.
- X.509 format supports storage of a single certificate. This format does not support
storage of the private key or certificate or certification path. No private key
password is required.
- Personal Information Exchange format (PFX, also called PKCS #12) supports secure
storage of certificates, private keys, and all certificates in a certification path.
A private key password is required.
- Click Import.
- Select the Certificate type as X.509 or PKCS #12.
- Enter a unique Alias name for the
Each alias identifies a certificate in the server key store. You can assign
an alias to a security component for reference.
- Click Browse and select an X.509 or PKCS #12
certificate to import into the key store.
- For an X.509 certificate, the expected file extension is
.cer or .crt.
- For a PKCS #12 certificate, the expected file extension is
.pfx or .p12.
- For PKCS #12 certificates, enter the Private key password for the private
key to be loaded from a .pfx or .p12 file.