Correlation mode enables you to retrieve domain log data in multiple subsystems, using the same search condition. The same condition is combined by common type filters and time range. This provides a tool for correlating activity across subsystems, useful for analyzing and troubleshooting.
For example, you could create a common filter for Application ID (such as
Application ID = appid); select the Proxy tab and enter the filter information; retrieve
the data; then select Correlated mode, and switch to another tab such as Proxy.
- In the left navigation pane of
SAP Control Center, select
- Under the domain node, select Log.
- In the right administration pane, select the General tab.
- Select the subsystem tab, such as Synchronization.
- To select or set up a special filter, select Show filter.
- To filter based on the date and time, enter a Start date, End date, Start time, End time.
- (Optional) Select the columns to display from the drop down list, such as Application ID, Application Connection Id, User, and Thread.
- Click Retrieve to retrieve the logs.
The table is populated with log data.
- Select the common type of log filters to use.
- Switch to another subsystem tabs. The data is refreshed using the same criteria from the common type of log filters and time range specified.
- Use the data to trace application activity across subsystems.