Review licensing information to
device licenses, license expiry dates, and other license details. This
information allows administrators to manage license use and determine whether old or
unused device licenses should be transferred to new devices.
- In the left navigation pane, select the top-level tree
- In the right administration pane, select the General tab, and click Licensing.
- Review the following licensing information:
- Server license type – the type of license currently used
by SAP Mobile Platform. For more
information on license types, see SAP Mobile Platform
Landscape Design and
- Production edition – the edition of the software you
- Server license expiry date – the date and time at which
the server license expires. When a server license expires, SAP Mobile Server generates a license expired error
and SAP Mobile Server is stopped.
- Overdraft mode – allows you to generate additional
licenses in excess of the quantity of licenses you actually purchased. This
enables you to exceed your purchased quantity of licenses in a peak usage
period without impacting your operation. This mode is either enabled or
disabled, as specified by the terms of the agreement presented when you
obtain such a license.
- Used mobile user license count – the number of mobile
user licenses currently in use. A mobile user is a distinct user
identity—username and associated security configuration—that is registered
in the server. As such, the used mobile user license count represents the
total distinct user identities registered on the server. One mobile user may access:
- Multiple applications and different versions of the
- The same or different versions of an application
from multiple devices.
- Click Close.
SAP Mobile Platform licensing is configured during installation.
However, if necessary, license details can be changed at a later time.