Specify a monitoring schedule for a group of packages.
Depending on the expected level of monitoring activity, ensure that the monitoring database is adequately prepared to store monitoring data.
- In the left navigation pane, select Monitoring.
- In the right administration pane, select the General tab.
- Click New to create a monitoring profile.
- Enter a name for the new profile.
- Select the Domains and Packages tab and choose packages to be monitored according to these options:
- Monitor all domains and packages – select All Domains and Packages.
- Monitor all packages from one or more domains – select a domain, then click Select All Packages. Perform this step for each domain you want to monitor.
- Monitor specific packages from one or more domains – select a domain, then select the particular packages you want to monitor from that domain. Perform this step for each domain you want to monitor.
- Select View my selections to view the packages you selected for the monitoring profile. Unselect this option to return to the package selection table.
- Select Enable after creation to enable monitoring for the selected packages immediately after you create the profile. By default, this option is selected. Unselect this option to enable the monitoring profile later.
- On the Schedule tab, select a schedule to specify when monitoring takes place:
Always On – this schedule requires no settings. Package activity is continually monitored.
Run Once – specify a length of time during which monitoring occurs, in either minutes or hours. Package activity is monitored for the duration specified for one time only.
Custom – specify start and end dates, start and end times, and days of the week. Package activity is monitored according to the time frame specified. See Setting a Custom Monitoring Schedule.
- Click OK.
A status message appears in the administration pane indicating the success or failure of profile creation. If successful, the profile appears in the monitoring profiles table.
- To enable a profile that you did not enable during creation, select the monitoring profile and click Enable.