Create an Agentry application definition by providing general application properties
such as the application ID, description, security configuration and domain details. You can
also deploy the application file to the SAP Mobile Server.
- In the left navigation pane of SAP Control Center, click the
Applications node and select the
Applications tab in the right administration pane.
- Click New.
- Enter a unique Application ID.
- SAP recommends that application IDs contain a minimum of two dots ("."). For
example, the following ID is
- Application IDs cannot start with a dot ("."). For example, the following ID
is invalid: .com.sap.mobile.app1.
- Application IDs cannot have two consecutive dots ("."). For example, the
following ID is invalid: com..sap.mobile.app1.
- Select Agentry as the Client SDK type.
- The Security configuration and Domain are preselected and cannot be changed.
The Agentry security configuration is a predefined security configuration assigned
to the "default" domain. It uses the NoSecLoginModule. This provider
forwards login requests to the Agentry Server instance for authentication.
- (Optional) Select Application file and browse to select the
file. You can select:
- .agp files Agentry application definition files.
- .agpz files zip files containing Agentry application definition files and additional
- .zip files files that have been created from existing Agentry application definitions in
SAP Control Center by downloading specific Agentry
- If you are deploying the application file as part of application creation, specify
the Active time for the application.
You can activate the application immediately or at a
specific date and time in the future. Selecting Immediate makes
the application available to end users immediately, as long as the application is
- Specify whether to Enable after deployment.
Selecting this option automatically starts the Agentry Server instance for this
application as soon as the application file is deployed (the Agentry Server instance
status is RUNNING). If the application file has not been deployed,
setting this option starts the Agentry Server instance without the application
information (the Agentry Server instance status is RUNNING WITHOUT
METADATA). If you do not select this option, you must manually enable the
application before you can start the Agentry Server instance
- Click OK to complete the application definition. Depending
on the application definition:
- The application file is deployed.
- The Agentry Server instance is started.
- The application is available for end users.
Note Any deploy errors or warnings are recorded in the
SAP Mobile Server log. This log is located in
or can be viewed in SAP Control Center under .