Promotion Planning via Web Browser Access
In this step, the external partner in the collaborative planning process accepts or rejects a promotion offered by the distributor or manufacturer. Using only a web browser, the external partner can:
- display a list of promotions
- display detailed information such as periods and quantities
- accept or deny the offer
- attach a note to the APO promotion plan
The prerequisites are described in the topic,
Collaborative Promotion Planning.
Log on in browser. In the initial screen:
- Choose planning book
- Define time period for viewing promotion
- Select type of promotion from drop down box (ALL or ONLY changeable)
- Confirm selection. (The selection box closes and promotion overview opens.)
- In the promotion overview, you see a list of all promotions. The time period for each promotion is displayed in the bar chart.
- Click once on the particular promotion you want to see details for. The third screen, Promotion details, opens. Details are Display only, and include general information on the promotion as well as quantities. This view also has a Note tab giving you the option to write notes.
- Accept or reject the promotion.
A promotion can be changed by a partner if all locations belong to the same partner and if the status is one of the following:
- D in process
- O Offered
- R Rejected
- C confirmed