Use this process to create or edit the planning data for promotions.
You have created the promotion as described in Creating a Promotion.
1. If you have not yet selected a promotion, do so using the shuffler.
As of Release SCM 4.1 there are two methods of assigning characteristic values to a promotion:
With this option, you can assign several objects at once to a promotion.
2. You choose the Assign Multiple Objects button from the toolbar.
3. You assign the required characteristics to the promotion. Note that the promotion level is automatically included. If you are working with a promotion base, the characteristics in the promotion base are copied to the promotion automatically. You can remove characteristics but you can only add characteristics that are contained in the promotion base.
4. You can now assign characteristic values either by using an existing selection or by defining a selection manually.
5. You choose Assign Multiple Objects to finish the assignment.
With this option, you assign characteristics together with values at individual characteristic level.
Use the shuffler to
make a selection of objects. You can select values of characteristics to
drill-down to the promotion level. However the characteristic for which you
enter data must be the promotion level. For example if you defined the Product
characteristic as the promotion level, you can first select a sales region,
then a product category, but the last value you select must be a product.
For more information on the shuffler, see Interactive Demand Planning Desktop.
3. In the info objects area click on the characteristic values (individual items) to which the promotion applies and choose Assign objects from the application toolbar.
4. You can enter data at all aggregation levels. To do so, choose and then the characteristic that you want to assign. Proceed as in step 3 and 4 until you have assigned all the characteristics with values to the promotion. The last characteristic that you assign a value from must be the promotion level.
When using promotion bases, be sure to assign all the characteristics that are in the promotion base to the promotion. Otherwise an error message appears when you try to release the promotion. Note that once you have assigned the promotion level characteristic it is not possible to assign any other characteristics.
6. In the grid that appears you enter the figures for the promotion.
If you have set the Transfer Plan Data indicator when creating the promotion, the system automatically copies the data from the baseline key figure into the promotion.
In general the system disaggregates data in the same proportions as the baseline forecast. If there is no baseline forecast for a selection, the system disaggregates in equal proportions.
You can work with different views.
· Promotion Data
This is the default view, showing you only the promotion data for your selection.
· Planning Data
Here the same data as above is displayed together with baseline planning data from the planning book, and the percentage difference between the two key figures.
· Analyze History
In this view, you can derive promotion patterns from historical data. For more details, see Using Promotion Patterns Derived from Historical Data.
7. Change the status by using the icon in workspace toolbar.
There are several statuses available. The initial status is Draft. Offered to customer and Confirmed by customer are for information. You can use them as selection criteria. All these statuses have a yellow traffic light () in the selector for promotions. These statuses are also used in collaborative promotion planning. If a collaborative partner rejects a project, the status changes to Rejected by customer and the traffic light changes to red ().
The two statuses Planned, in the future and Active, in current periods mean that the promotion is taken into account in interactive planning. When you set one of these statuses the traffic light () in the selector for promotions changes to green. It is not possible to change information such as the periods or the key figures. Once one of these statuses has been set, you can only change the status back to Draft.
The system automatically sets the status Expired, in the past if dates are in the past. This status is however also active.
8. Save the promotion.
To view the result of the promotion in interactive demand planning, choose Interactive Planning in the application toolbar, and then to load the data.
To compare the baseline forecast with the promotion forecast, choose Object view ® Planning data.