The system stores a promotion as an absolute number in the promotion key figure. If you define your promotion as a percentage, the system converts the percentage to an absolute number before storing it.
The prerequisites for using the promotions key figure are as follows:
1. When creating the planning area, you have included a key figure for promotions.
2. If you wish to release the sum of the unpromoted forecast and the promoted forecast to Supply Network Planning, you have included in the planning area a key figure to contain the total.
3. If you wish to see the promotions key figure in interactive demand planning, you have included a row for it in the planning book and data view.
4. If you wish to see the sum of the unpromoted forecast and the promoted forecast in interactive demand planning, you have written a macro that adds the two together and displays them in a third row of the planning book data view. This row can be the key figure you defined in step 2.
5. If you wish to release the sum of the unpromoted forecast and the promoted forecast to Supply Network Planning, you have written a macro that adds the two together and stores the results in the key figure you created during the transfer process in step 2.
6. If you wish to correct history to take account of past promotions, you have made the necessary specifications in the univariate forecast profile.
This step is optional. It does not affect the planning of future promotions.
7. You have maintained promotion key figure for the planning area. From the SAP Easy Access screen, choose Advanced Planning and Optimization ® Demand Planning ® Planning ® Promotion ® Maintain Promotion Key Figures.
8. In the workspace on the Promotions Planning desktop, you have entered the original forecast key figure as the Planning key figure and have specified the Promotions key figure on the Planning area tabstrip.
For more information, see Promotion Planning.