There are several reasons why you might maintain the proportional factors manually, for instance:
· You wish to revise the constant proportional factors you generated automatically; for example, to account for the sporadic demand of one product.
· You wish to enter the factors manually because you have no historical data on which to base the automatic generation process.
1. If you wish to use this function to change the automatically generated constant proportional factors, you have already generated the factors.
2. When creating the planning book, you selected Manual proportions maintenance. This indicator is to be found on the Planning book tab under Include standard functions.
3. In the planning book, you have created a data view containing only the key figure APODPDANT. (This is not absolutely necessary, but enables you to restrict the number of people permitted to change the proportional factors)
4. If necessary, you have assigned this planning book and data view to the demand planners who have the authority to change the proportional factors.
1. In interactive demand planning, the demand planner with the change authority opens the data view you created as a prerequisite.
2. Make a selection, for example, brand X.
3. In the header toolbar, choose Details for the characteristic you want to use as the detailed level. You now see, for example, all the products that belong to brand X.
4. In the workspace toolbar choose with the quick info text Absolute <=> Percentage.
The proportional factors are displayed as percentages. The sum of the details is automatically fixed.
5. Edit the proportional factors of the details as necessary.
6. Save the data.
If you wish to switch from an absolute to a percentage view for a key figure in order to change the key figure values, you must define this key figure as fixable. By choosing the icon with the quick info text Absolute <=> Percentage you automatically fix the aggregate (sum) level. For more information on how to fix a key figure, see Fixing Key Figure Values.
When manually editing proportional factors you can copy values from one time bucket to another.
1. Switch to the percentage view by choosing .
2. Select the detail values to be copied. You must leave at least one value unselected. The system automatically calculates this value so that the total is 100%. Choose with the quick info text Percentage values: Copy.
3. Goto to the target area and select the same detail values. Choose with the quick info text Percentage values: Insert. The data is copied.
You can also use the cut/copy and paste in interactive planning to copy data. For more information, see Functions in Interactive Demand Planning.