Time Series Management
A series of functions is available for managing time series. In Demand Planning, a time series can be one of the following:
- Weighting profile—used in univariate forecasting, composite forecasting, and "like" modeling
- Trend dampening profile —used in univariate forecasting
- MLR variable—used in causal analysis
- Phase-in profile—used in lifecycle planning
- Phase-out profile—used in lifecycle planning
For more details on the above time series, refer to the F1 help.
You can copy time series in any master forecast profile.
To do so, choose Edit ®
Copy time series. You can use this function to create a new time series or change an existing one.
The following functions are available for maintaining time series:
- You can set a start date for a time series. The first period is then pegged to this date. In multiple linear regression, if you do not set a start date, the system takes the beginning of the historical time horizon from the master forecast profile as the start date. In an MLR profile, you can impose a different start date on a time series variable.
- In multiple linear regression, you can overwrite the start date of a time series variable in the MLR profile.
- In multiple linear regression, you can set the number of decimal places in which an MLR time series variable is saved and displayed.
- When entering time series values, you can replicate patterns quickly and easily by copying intervals of values already entered to intervals in which no values have yet been entered. To do this, choose Copy interval.
- When entering time series values, you can duplicate all periods of the time series by choosing Update time series.
- To delete a time series, choose Edit ®
Delete time series from the master forecast profile.
- In multiple linear regression, you can load data from a planning area into an MLR time series. This function is only available in interactive planning view for MLR. You choose the Data button and enter the necessary data in the dialog box that appears. If required, the system create a new time series. For more information see consulting note 423908.
If you want to copy time series to key figures in a planning book or copy key figures to a time series in general (not just in MLR), you can do so by creating a macro that contains function TS_GET to read data or function TS_SET to write data to a time series. For more details, see Functions Related to Info Objects and Planning Book.