Use this process to transfer bill of material and task list information from SAP R/3 to SAP APO. This process is based on production versions in SAP R/3 and makes use of runtime objects. This enables you to transfer data for configurable materials.
In particular, you transfer object dependencies from SAP R/3, that is, information that links CBF characteristics with components. For instance, information in the bill of material tells the system that if the characteristic SEAT has value ‘LEATHER’, it must use the product LEATHER_SEAT in the car.
The Plan Explosion indicator on the PP/DS tab page of the location product master record must be set to 5 (Production Data Structure Generated from R/3).
You have configured the system for the use of IBase and SAP R/3 characteristics. You do this in Customizing under Basic Settings ® Define Class System (CDP or Classical Characteristics).
You need to have created an integration model that contains the following:
· All materials (including components)
· Work centers
· Class types
1. In the SAP R/3 system, create a production version for the material (product) and assign it a bill of material and a task list. There are several more functions available with production versions. For more information, see the SAP Library for SAP R/3 in the Production Planning for Process Industries (PP-PI) component under Production Version. If you only want to transfer BOM data, this step is not necessarily required. In this case, you only have to create a BOM.
2. Include a production version or bill of material in the integration model. For more information, see Integration of the PP/DS Production Data Structure.
The production data structure is copied to all versions in the SAP APO destination system.
To transfer object dependencies to SAP APO, you must generate a PP/DS production data structure. To do so, you must make the relevant setting in the integration model.
3. To display the production data structure in SAP APO, choose Master Data ® Production Data Structure (PDS) ® Display Production Data Structures. The production data structure is now available for use in PP/DS.
4. Similarly, you can delete production data structures by choosing Master Data ® Production Data Structure (PDS) ® Delete Production Data Structure.
You can change the transfer structures of the production data structure so that they meet your requirements. To do so, you use the Business Add-In (BAdI) with the name CUSLNTRO_ADDIN. This includes the following methods:
· CHANGE_EWB_STRUCTURES: Here you can change the classical SAP R/3 data, for example, map operations of alternative sequences to the operations of the main sequence. This generates alternative modes.
· CHANGE_CIF_STRUCTURES: Here you can change the CIF structures just before calling SAP APO. Example: Enter an offset for the output material and define the setup group or setup key in Customizing (if they are not included in the operation).
· CHANGE_OPERATION: Change activities and modes using the data of the SAP R/3 operation. Example: Mode priority due to the sequence.
For more information about these and other methods, see SAP Note 357178.