You have created a master planning object structure.
1. Choose Demand Planning ® Environment ® Current Settings ® Administration of Demand Planning and Supply Network Planning. The Planning Area view appears automatically.
2. Select the Planning areas node and Create planning area from the context menu. The Create Planning Area dialog box appears.
3. Enter a name for the new planning area, the master planning object structure, a storage bucket profile and a unit of measure for the planning area. You can also enter a currency for statistics and exchange rate type.
If you access historical data from InfoCubes, you must ensure that the units of measure in the InfoCube and the planning area are the same.
4. Choose Enter. A new screen appears, at the Aggregate tab page. The system automatically copies the aggregates from the master planning object structure. If you do not want to use an aggregate in the planning area, select it and then choose . Note that this feature is only available for SNP planning areas.
5. On the Key figs. tab page assign key figures to the planning areas. In the right-hand table you can see all the available key figures in the system. Select the required key figures and choose to transfer them to the planning area. The system creates for each key figure a planning object at detail level and at each aggregate level.
For more details of these planning objects, choose . If a key figure is to be taken from an InfoCube, enter the InfoCube here.
If a key figure is taken from an InfoCube, the units of measure must be the same in the InfoCube and the planning area.
Most of the other fields on this screen are for use in SNP planning areas; for details refer to the F1 help. In Demand Planning the Key Figure Semantics field is used when planning with bills of material. for more details see Forecasting with Bills of Material.
6. On the Key fig. aggregation tab page specify how the individual key figures are to be disaggregated. See Aggregation and Disaggregation.
7. On the Key fig. assgmt. tab page you can remove key figures from aggregate levels., if for example a key figure is only required at detail level. Select the key figure in the aggregate in the left-hand table) and then choose Delete key fig. from the context menu. You can reassign a key figure to an aggregate by selecting in the right-hand table and dragging it and dropping it to the aggregate.
8. Save your entries.
You can change a planning area as long as you have not created any time series objects for the planning areas. You must create time series objects, before you can use a planning area.