Supply Network Planning plans products per location. Therefore, before you release the demand plan to Supply Network Planning you must specify what proportion of demand is planned at each location.
Similarly, R/3 Demand Management plans materials per plant. Therefore, before you transfer the demand plan from APO Demand Planning to R/3 Demand Management you must specify what proportion of demand is planned at each plant.
You define this location split in only one of the following ways:
- In your master planning object structure and planning area, you have a characteristic that represents locations. If this characteristic is not 9ALOCNO, you specify it in the release profile for the release to Supply Network Planning or in the transfer profile for the transfer to R/3 Demand Management.
- You have no characteristic in your master planning object structure and planning area that represents locations. You have not specified a location characteristic in the release profile/transfer profile. You define manually how much of each product is to be planned at which location. Use this option, for example, if your company has a relatively small number of products and if the split of products to different locations remains constant over time.
- From the SAP Easy Access menu, choose Demand Planning ® Environment
® Location split.
- Enter the products and locations for which you want to release demand plans; for example, product Sigrid-01 in location Cuxhaven and product Sigrid-01 in location Bremerhaven.
- Specify the proportions of each product which each location will receive; for example, 0.75 for Cuxhaven and 0.25 for Bremerhaven (meaning 75% and 25%).
If a product has only one location, enter "1" as the proportion.
- If desired, set time limits for the location splits by entering dates in the Valid to column.
- If you want the same location split to apply to all products, or if you want the same location split to apply to all products other than the ones specifically listed, enter the locations and the proportions which each of these locations will receive, but leave the Product column blank. To set a time limit for this location split, enter dates in the Valid to column.