You want to use planning data from Demand Planning in applications in an ERP system, for example, in Flexible Planning or in Profitability Analysis (CO-PA). You can use the process described here to copy planning data to an ERP system without having to use flat files.
The program is not suitable for transferring data to Demand Management in an ERP system (see Transfer of Demand Plan to R/3 Demand Management).
The data has been transferred from the planning area to an InfoCube. This InfoCube can be in SAP APO or in NetWeaver usage type Business Intelligence (BI).
It can also be a remote cube so that you can export up-to-date data directly from a planning area.
The necessary RFC connections already exist.
You can only use this process with costing-based Profitability Analysis.
1. Create a query based on the InfoCube. For more information, see Defining New Queries.
2. In the ERP system, configure the transfer of external data in Customizing for Profitability Analysis (CO-PA) (see the Implementation Guide (IMG) for CO-PA under Controlling ® Profitability Analysis ® Tools ® Data Transfers Between CO-PA and Other Systems.) You then start the data transfer.
For more information, see the SAP Library for mySAP ERP under SAP ERP Central Component ® Financials ® Controlling ® Profitability Analysis ® Tools ® Transferring External Data.
InfoSpokes offer a flexible and user-friendly way to export data from BI objects, for example, from InfoCubes, DataStore objects, or InfoObjects (attributes and texts). For more information, see Open Hub Service. You no longer have to create queries.
The following is a short description of the process:
1. In the Data Warehousing Workbench, you create an InfoSpoke. To do so, choose Tools ® Open Hub Service ® Change InfoSpoke. For more information, see Creating InfoSpokes. The InfoSpoke transfers the data to either a database table or a flat file.
2. You start the data extraction either directly in the InfoSpoke or by including the InfoSpoke in process chains. For more information, see Process Chains in SCM.
To check the progress of the extraction process, you can access the Open Hub Monitor from InfoSpoke maintenance or directly from the Data Warehousing Workbench.
3. You have the following options:
○ You transport the table to the ERP system and import it to the relevant application, for example, LIS.
○ You import the data from the file.