If your company has a regular forecasting cycle, you may have several forecasts for any given period that you wish to retain for purposes of forecast accuracy monitoring. You can save these multiple forecasts in different key figures of the same planning version. For example, you may save the forecast created in January in the key figure January's forecast, the forecast created in February in the key figure February's forecast, and the forecast created in March in the key figure March's forecast. Permanent data storage should be made in InfoCubes, not liveCache.
● You have created the key figures you want to use for forecast storage in the Data Warehousing Workbench.
● You have included these key figures in the planning area.
● You have created the demand plan.
● You have released the demand plan to SNP.
1. Create a planning book with macros that write the forecasts of different periods to different key figures.
2. Define macros that calculate the percentage difference between the actual data and the forecasts.
3. Execute the macros at the end of the planning cycle, before the next planning cycle begins.
4. You save the planning area data in an InfoCube that you have defined for this purpose. For more information, see Extracting Data from a Planning Area.