SAP NetWeaver usage type Business Intelligence (BI) has its own authorization concept that differs in some details from the normal SAP authorization concept. You can use the BI authorization concept to restrict the use of characteristics and characteristic values. For example, you can specify that only a certain group of users can edit planning data for certain products and locations. You achieve this by activating the BI authorization check for the relevant characteristics.
Not all the BI functions are supported in Demand Planning.
You define the characteristics for which you want to configure the authorization check. This means that you must decide on the authorization concept beforehand.
You need authorization for the following transactions:
● Create role (PFCG)
● Maintain users (SU01)
● BI transactions
○ Data Warehousing Workbench (RSA1)
○ Analysis Authorization (RSECADMIN)
1. Set the AuthorizationRelevant indicator for all the characteristics to be included in the authorization check. The BI characteristics 0TCAACTVT, 0TCAIPROV, and 0TCAVALID delivered by SAP are to be included here.
To do so, on the SAP Easy Access screen, choose Advanced Planning and Optimization ® Demand Planning ® Environment ® Data Warehousing Workbench. In the Data Warehousing Workbench, choose Edit ® Objects ® InfoObject. Create new characteristics. You set the AuthorizationRelevant indicator on the Business Explorer tab page.
2. Create a master planning object structure using the characteristics.
3. Maintain the authorizations for the characteristics. To do so, on the SAP Easy Access screen, choose Advanced Planning and Optimization ® Demand Planning ® Environment ® Manage Analysis Authorizations. On the Authorizations tab page, choose Maintain.
Create a new authorization and enter the BI characteristics 0TCAACTVT, 0TCAIPROV, and 0TCAVALID as well as the remaining authorization-relevant characteristics in the authorization structure. Assign the relevant value authorization to each characteristic in the individual maintenance.
For more information, see Defining Analysis Authorizations.
4. Assign the authorization to one or more users. To do so, in the management of analysis authorizations, choose Assignment on the Users tab page. Alternatively, you can also assign the authorization to the authorization object S_RS_AUTH via a profile. To do so, choose Role Maintenance on the Users tab page.