Forecast Execution with Mass Processing
Mass processing allows you to create demand forecasts for large numbers of products while optimizing system resources. All mass processing jobs run in the background at a time you specify.
You have created a data view for this task. For performance reasons, keep the data view for mass forecasting as simple as possible. The data view contains:
- A planning buckets profile with one periodicity only
- A planning horizon, defined by the planning buckets profile, that is as long as or longer than the forecast horizon defined in the master forecast profile
- Only the key figures that you need for forecasting (sales history, baseline forecast and, if you need the information,
- You have created a forecast profile. The master forecast profile contains:
- A planning buckets profile or a period indicator that is identical to the periodicity of the planning buckets profile in the data view
- A forecast horizon that is smaller than, or the same length as, the planning horizon as defined in the planning buckets profile
Create an activity.
Create a planning job.
Schedule the planning job.
Review the results in the job log, and take any necessary action.