Adds an alternate logical connection to the default logical connection. Replication Server uses logical
connections to manage warm standby applications.
create alternate logical connection to <logical_ds>.<logical_db>
The name of the logical data server in the default logical connection.
The name of the logical database in the default logical connection.
- The name of the alternate logical connection.
- If <conn_lds> is the same as <logical_ds>, <conn_ldb> must be different from <logical_db>.
- Each alternate logical connection name—<conn_lds.conn_ldb>, must be unique among all alternate logical connection names in a replication system.
- Example 1
Create an alternate logical connection named <lds.conn_logicaldb2> to the
logicaldb logical database in the LDS logical data
create alternate logical connection to LDS.logicaldb
- You must create a default logical connection with create logical
connection before you can create alternate logical connections. See Replication Server
Administration Guide Volume 2 > Manage Warm Standby Applications > Setting Up ASE Warm Standby Databases > Task One: Creating the Logical Connection.
- To create and configure alternate logical connections, see Replication Server
Administration Guide Volume 2 > Performance Tuning > Multi-Path Replication > Multiple Replication Paths for Warm Standby Environments.
- You can use different Replication Servers to control the default logical connection and the
alternate logical connections. Both the active and standby databases must support having
multiple Replication Agents.
- After you create an alternate logical connection, you can create alternate connections to the active and standby databases with create alternate connection.
- Replication definitions and subscriptions use the
default logical connection name.
create alternate logical connection requires “sa” permission.